Monday 20 December 2010

Christmas Classes 2010

After 6 weeks of amazing creativity and energy, my 2 Christmas classes came to an end.  Well done to them all for their commitment in braving the ice, snow and busy pre-Christmas schedules. 

It's amazing what Christmas does to people!  The productivity & enthusiasm from the class was inspiring and I was humbled by and proud of what they achieved.  Like the tiny sunflower seed which yields the towering flower, a morsel of guidance and a few simple ideas can unleash wonderful creative results from minds and hands that are passionate to learn.  I think next year we'll start our Christmas projects in August!!

My Friday morning class made gorgeous table centres, some Christmassey, some not.  A special well done to those who were first-timers to a Rags to Bags class (not to mention not having used a sewing machine in quite a while!).  You all did brilliantly and I hope these amazing creations are in full view of all residents and visitors to your homes over Christmas!  Showing off is permitted!




Thursday night-ers got busy making scrappy stockings (large & small), gift bags, bunting (large & mini) and cornets!  Phew!  Busy Beavers!  I had a job keeping up & I'm the tutor!  I don't have many pics of their wonderful achievements, but check out Thursday night-er Sew Me who has some fab photos of her Christmas sewing fest.




Great way to use up your scraps!
 And now that classes are finished, I get to make my own Christmas presents.  My youngest daughter's teacher gets a vintage style stocking (filled with a bottle of mulled wine - yum!).  Classroom assistants, form teachers, piano & flute tutors all get gift bags filled with old fashioned jars of sweeties (double yum!).


Cream & gold scraps with vintage ribbon & lace worked in.

Awful picture!! Camera problems - booooooh!

I recently discovered the concept of patchwork coasters.  These have made great gift ideas for some of my friends and family members.  They are quilted and machine washable - fab!  Here are some of the log cabin ones I've made so far, using 1.5" wide scraps - throw nothing in your bin!!!!!







The other present projects I'm working on can't be revealed yet.  They're surprises & I can't risk any nosey family members finding out what they are before the big day!  I might post pics of them in the new year.


2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland! Yeahhhh! Can't wait to see the pics of your "secret" Christmas pressies - make sure you post them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo