Wednesday 9 February 2011

Eye Spy!

I love the concept of 'Eye Spy' quilts for children (& adults!). I have this dreamy fantasy of sitting with a little one on my knee, playing 'eye spy' while finding the different pictures in the quilt lovingly draped over the 2 of us! 


Examples of Eye Spy Quilts from the web

About a year ago I started keeping my eye out for any fabrics that had a picture on it, from leaves & flowers to instruments & animals.  My box is starting to overflow now so I've started fussy cutting some of what I've collected into 2.5" and 4" squares. 








No idea yet how this thing will evolve, needless to say as my 'baby' will be 10 years old this year, it will probably be ready for the first grandchild, which better not be within the next 10 years! 

1 comment:

  1. This one is really exciting - I've never heard of an eye-spy quilt before. Thanks for the sneaky peek. I'm sure you'll find just the right inspiration to make these into another fabulous quilt. Hope you'll keep us posted as it progresses (excuse the pun).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo