Monday 28 February 2011

Mug Rug

Mug Rugs are everywhere!  This phenomenon rapidly sweeping across the quilting world has reached Belfast!

I love gift ideas that are a little bit different, and have been seeing a number of mug rugs appear on various international blogs.  Check out A Cuppa and a Catchup, Pin, Sew, Press, and I'm Just a Guy Who Quilts has a great wee tutorial on how to make one.

My friend's birthday is this week and as she is an avid coffee drinker, I thought she would love her very own mug rug.  As a devoted lover of log cabin, I thought I'd give it a go - and this is what I came up with!







This was so quick to make, I'm definitely hooked!  I have a few more birthday presents to make this month - guess what they'll be getting!!!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo