Tuesday 17 May 2011

First design for Brit Quilt Swap

The old creative grey cells have been stoked up and I've started to see something coming together:


I'm thinking for the green heart I will try using the ticker-tape method (see below for an example).
From Stiched in Colour

The 'leaves' floating in from the side might be rainbow colours, turning to greens as they reach the heart.

Green is a significant colour here!!!!

I'm going to try out my 'homemade fabric' idea for the leaves (blogged about here).
 

While this piece will have an applique feel to it, I want there to be some new textures for my partner to enjoy.

So that's my starting point.  The great thing about creative processing is that if you allow yourself some freedom, you can end up with something that looks nothing like what you started with! LOL!  

Organic is best! 

6 comments:

  1. Wow jo! That looks amazing! I haven't put pen to paper for mine yet, but a few ideas are flying round. Gotta break out the colouring pencils me thinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really nice. Great ideas and the comment about green must have some significance to your partner. Oh the fun of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I wish I was good enough to be your partner!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderfully interesting - I love the combination of colours & textures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see this come together its going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your handmade fabric - that will be the finishing touch to a fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo