Sunday 18 September 2011

Finally - 2 finishes!

I don't like not getting things finished.

So it was great getting the fabric I needed yesterday to finish Susan's Brit Bee blocks for September:

2 really bright Drunkard's Path blocks!
These will be in the post tomorrow Suz.

I also managed to wade my way through the mess and corduroy shavings in my sewing room and finish the cushion I was working on:

18" of touchy, feely goodness!
 


I love all that this cushion represents in terms of style and concept; it is very me!  But alas, I can't keep it.  It will be sold (hopefully) in the weeks to come (more on that another time!).

I also managed to get the bordered block done for the back of the Across the Sea QAL.  Just a couple more small ones to do and I'm up to date.

We've had fab weather this weekend in Belfast, so I've been out and about doing family stuff rather than hiding myself away in the sewing room too much. 

The work stuff can wait til tomorrow!

Hope you've had a great weekend.

15 comments:

  1. Great finishes Judith, those DP blocks are super.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great DP - Susan will love them! I've been sewing corduroy too! Great cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Brit Bee blocks! Your pillow is wonderful-- be sure to muzzle that dog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh all looking lovely - your cushion is really beautiful - as Elisa says, get the dog in the garden NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the different oriantations of the bee blocks, and that cushion looks so huggable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pillow turned out wonderfully! I love the bee blocks too, and enjoy your nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those dp blocks look fantastic and I love your cushion: it does look very touchy feely

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautifully pieced Judith and your cushion is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blocks, and I really do love that cushion! Hmmm cord...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, drool! I love that cushion even more in the daylight!!!! Great textures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Judith! And they say size doesn't matter! lol that's a beautiful cushion, can't wait to hear more about the 'sale' aspect, been thinking of dabbling a little myself! Love blocks for Suz too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love that corderoy cushion. Want to squish right up to it on the sofa. And thank you for my blocks because they look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cushion looks ideal for cuddling during a scary film/an afternoon nap - so soft and inviting! The DP blocks look great - I spy Momo stripe!! Looking forward to hearing about selling things!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Judith just found your blog and I like it a lot so now I am a follower. I think yout cushion is so sweet and your two blocks are good to. Might lurk a bit and read some older posts. Oh, and my name is Judith too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo