Sunday 30 October 2011

Tea Anyone?

Firstly let me say 'thank you' to all of you who gave me helpful tips, suggestions and links for my Civil War Quilt dilemma.  I am thoroughly armed now with great information & resources to take this project to the next stage.

I was recently given a gorgeous wee gift by my bloggy friend Karen (Listen to the Birds Sing).


It's a Tea Bag pouch/case to keep in your handbag for those occasions when you're in someone else's house, and offered bog-standard tea!  

With one of these handy pouches, you can be all snobby and whip out your favourite Rooibos or Earl Grey!  (Just for the record I love bog standard tea - the stronger the better!)

I thought one of these would be perfect for my mum.  

It's her birthday next week and she only drinks Earl Grey.  When she visits me, I stick the kettle on - cue mum rifling around the bottom of her handbag looking for a wayward E.G. Teabag!

I thought mum might like a wee Liberty one to match her Boxy Bag:



But because they were so quick to make, I got a bit carried away and made a few more!





Well I guess I have a few extra Christmas pressies sorted!

Keep your eye on Karen's blog for a tutorial on how to make these!

15 comments:

  1. LOL tea snobs are sorted then ;-) These are really cute pouches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny - we only have bog standard tea here - oops!
    Love that heart one - seems too good for teabags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, they are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh nice! I love that heart one too. Be useful for me in winter since I don't actually drink tea and most people don't have herbal. But I only drink that on freezing days so I guess it'll be a while before I'll need to whip one up since its almost summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh, very productive! You'd be needing one of those here though, I hate tea and coffee lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Cute! and great too! I love the heart one! and the tea cup one, I only have bog standard tea for my Mum and other snobby tea drinkers, personally I prefer Lady Grey, less perfumed more citreony :) (and low on cafine so good for my kidneys) They'd definitely make great back-up 'C' gifts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are awesome! I'm with Trudi, I prefer Lady over Earl and I love Rooibos (especially the Twinnings ones with other "things" added) but my current beverage of choice is good ol' PG Tips! After years of Tesco own brand I had a PG in a supermarket cafe a few weeks ago and it was SO good! Instant convert.

    (and for the record, my favourite little pouch is the loveheart one, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fantastic idea! Love the heart one

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicer than the plastic tub I use to carry my fruity teas to work. Reckon they could be useful for many other things too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful tea bag cases! I'm not a tea snob, but I love a bit of variety - these would be perfect for a day/night at work... peppermint, camomile, bog standard......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great gift from Karen, and love the ones you made, especially the heart one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. J, these are adorable! I need some in my life! They would make perfect gifts for my earl grey mad granny, and my peppermint mad sister!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that is a brilliant idea! My mum only drinks EG (or is it Darjeeling?) at ours because we don't use a teapot, and she says standard tea MUST be made in a pot..being a coffee girl, I have no idea what the problem is :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are all lovely. I especially like the one with the heart and the one you were gifted is cute also.
    Great idea.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo