Friday 24 August 2012

Good Times!

I have just had the best 4 days with fellow Brit Bee-er Terri and her daughter Maddy.


Now there is never a dull moment when these 2 are around!  Here's one example!

On Monday, we went straight from the airport to Sainsburys to get the food that Terri was going to cook (I like to make my visitors work for their keep!) and there was a power cut just as we reached the tills!  She'd only been in Belfast 5 minutes and was causing havoc already!

However, the power cut actually worked out in our favour as Sainsbury's staff allowed us to take unscanned items away for free!

These pair love all things 'Titanic' - how convenient that I live just 10 minutes away from where it was built!

So a trip to the new Titanic museum was a must!

Tuesday, outside the museum.

Terri came along to my classes on Monday and Wednesday evenings, and managed not to scare everyone off or lead them astray!


We enjoyed long chats til the wee hours of the morning, and rummaging around charity shops for fabric bargains (more on that another day!).

One of the highlights for me was not having to do the cooking!  Terri is an amazing cook and can do things with vegetables I didn't think were possible!  She looked right at home in my kitchen!



We managed a little bit of sewing!

Working on Brit Bee blocks!

But mostly we managed lots of talking, laughing, eating and shopping!


Thank you my friend for sharing your time, talents and really bad sense of humour with me!


It was a blast! Missing you already!


P.s. My big girl got her GCSE results yesterday (Thursday).  Go here to see how well she did!  I'm one proud Mama!

15 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Knew you would have a great time but lovely to see the proof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time! I intend to have a charity shop rummage today! Shannon did amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww I'm so glad you had a good time. Loving the last pic of you two on the sofa, you are clearly twins. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you definitely had a blast! Looks like you had lots of fun. Congrats to Shannon too. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a fabulous time! Remind me never to put you within reach of a sharp knife....scary! It's a good job that Shannon excelled in her exams :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. See, even LJ thinks I'm Asian! Thank you my fellow chatterbox for such a fabulous time. Now your lovely family can have peace again. You were all such a great hostess family. Thank a massive big bunch!!! Miss ya, and love ya too muchly

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh your photos are great!! what a great visit you had and love how much you all crammed in! fantastic stuff x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww looks like so much fun! Really glad you all enjoyed it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe looks like you had a wonderful time! Twins definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heehee! Hope your tummy is not too sore with all that laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, looks like it was fantastic fun! And congrats to Shannon - so well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, looks like you pair had an amazing time! Congrats to the superstar teen too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pleased you and Terri had much to laugh together over.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo