Sunday 1 December 2013

Made in Belfast!

I'm completely in denial that it is the 1st of December,  the month in which Christmas happens, illegedly! Yikes!

I have so little to show by way of finishes for November, that I completed my denial by not taking part in Lily's Quilts Fresh Sewing Day for the first time since it started! Boo!

But I still have some lovely things to show you today!

Bee Blessed quilts to Philippines Nov13

There is a container leaving Belfast this week, headed for the Philippines.  These Bee Blessed children's quilts will be on it.

Bee Blessed quilts to Philippines Nov13

The Modern Quilt Guild of Ireland very kindly donated the 'Trip Around the World cutie (special thank you to Anneliesse!).  The 4 baby quilts were long arm quilted by my friend Janette, and the Cosmo Cricket quilt was made by Bee Blessed.

Our thoughts, love and prayers go with these quilts to the many displaced children and families in the Philippines.

And closer to home, check out these stunning sampler blocks made by my Friday class:

Block party class Nov13

Lots of hard work have gone into these!  Well done ladies!   I look forward to seeing your finished quilts!

And for all our Bee Blessed contributors - guess what - you get a month off in December!!  Woohoo! Thank you for your many donations and blocks this year!  We look forward to making and donating many more quilts with you in 2014.

Jxo

10 comments:

  1. It is lovely that you are sending quilts off to the Philippines, the folks there were hit so hard. And thank you for including those of us from far away in Bee Blessed, I look forward to sending blocks when I can in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how wonderful you're sending all these pretty quilts to comfort people in Philippines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another successful Bee Blessed gifting that leaves me in awe each and every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a lovely idea, to send some quilts to the Philippines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a fantastic idea, J. I'm thrilled to hear our quilt is heading to the Philippines. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. they look wonderful and I am sure will be much needed and appreciated xxI am sure they move Christmas FORWARDS every year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You may be denial but looks like you have the spirit of this month very much in mind. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely donation :o) I think you got loads done, it's just not much of it might have been your own sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww what a brilliant donation to Philippines! Will make such a difference to a family (or four!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is great to donate the quilts. They will mean an awful lot to the recipients. Di x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo