Thursday 5 December 2013

Stitching Hoops!

I wish I could take credit for these stunning beauties!

Embroidery Workshop Samples

These are the amazing stitchery creations of my uber talented friend, Sarah.

I have coerced persuaded Sarah to teach a Saturday workshop next term, and share her brilliant hand stitching talent with others!

Embroidery workshop samples

Sarah has very cleverly designed these samples to teach and showcase a variety of stitches, from simple running and back stitches working up to the more decorative chain stitches and French knots.

Embroidery Workshop samples

Folks will also learn how to finish off their hoops.

There is a very different atmosphere in class when we don't have the whirring of the sewing machines!  I anticipate lots of chatting, laughing & craic - I think there will be more than the hoops left In Stitches!

Jxo
 
Hand Embroidery Workshop - Saturday 8th February 2014


15 comments:

  1. Such cute wee samples, I'm sure the class will be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, again I am sad to live too far to join in for the class. It will be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so adorable. it will be one fantastic class, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool cool cool! I love the personalized number plate :) Cute touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah's a clever soul :) oh to live nearer for this class.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Judith! Looks beautiful and I would love to join to learn more stitches and have fun! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are gorgeous and very well executed (as Sarah always does). Di x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeek! It's beginning to look all official!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun Idea! perfect for those hand sewing evenings..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Can I do a postal course please? How about a skype class?

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's a clever girl that Sarah! These are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely! The owl looks so cute. Wish Sarah all the best and a lovely chatty day with lots of ladies stitching and laughing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo