Sunday 10 May 2015

Farm Girl Vintage - Finally!

All good things come to those who wait!

Farm Girl Vintage book

I finally got my mitts on my long awaited (if slightly battered) copy of Farm Girl Vintage by Lori Holt, so that I can start sewing blocks each week, along with many others all over the world!

Completing the first 3 blocks in the book brings me back up to speed with the sewing schedule! Phew!

Farm Girl Vintage Blocks
Apron Strings
Farm Girl Vintage blocks
Autumn Star

Farm Girl Vintage blocks
Baby Chick
I had originally chosen a set of Denyse Schmidt Chicopee prints, teamed with Riley Blake pindots for the backgrounds.

Fabric pull for Farm Girl Vintage

But as I started sewing I just couldn't resist the urge to throw in a few other designer prints too! What can I say - I'm being true to my scrappy heart!

If you haven't already got hold of this book, I highly recommend it, even for individual block patterns. There are clearly laid out instructions for 2 sizes for each block (6" and 12" finished) and ideas and variations on how to use some of the blocks as quilts in their own right.

I have always wanted to make a medallion quilt (among 100 others too!) and the blocks in this book have given me the perfect inspiration & idea!

Watch this space!

Jude xo

11 comments:

  1. It's great when one project inspires the next. I'm glad you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work, your blocks are so cute and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love baby chick, sew cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blocks! My books is slightly battered too - think its part of the vintage look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabrics you mixed in work so well with the DS prints and your blocks are gorgeous. This looks like such a fun sew along. I ordered my book last week even if it'll just be for perusing and sighing for now rather than actually sewing from.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing what you do with your medallion quilt plans. My medallion was one of the most fun quilts I've made to date.

    ReplyDelete
  7. now feel I really have to get this book ..............

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blocks and fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Something else to add to my wish list. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo