Tuesday 23 June 2015

Time to Play!

No more GCSE exams for my middle daughter, and end of term on Friday (& birthday) for the youngest, means .....


... a meal out with the funniest teenagers I'm privileged to call my girls!

And as the last of my classes are winding down this week for the summer break, I get to play!

Drunkards Path

I was inspired by Aylin's gorgeous cushion, and have been wanting to do more with my Sizzix drunkard's path die.  So when I eventually decided on some fabrics & scraps, I set to cutting and sewing.


I've actually finished 5 x 14" blocks and sewed them together for a potential table runner, but I couldn't fit them all into 1 photograph!!  Once again I find Leanne's technique for sewing curves much quicker and simpler than the endless pinning method!

I'm also working on some Farm House blocks from the Farm Girl Vintage book (pg 27).

Farmhouse blocks - Farm Girl Vintage As usual I've deviated from the quilt-a-long block schedule currently running on Lori's blog!!

My plan is to make the Farmhouse Lane Quilt shown on page 128 of the book, but truth be told, I want to make every single thing in this book!!

Fingers crossed I can stay focused and not get distracted by one of the many other beautiful projects in the book!

Happy sewing!

Jude xo



8 comments:

  1. oh lovely work Jude! Mum cut me some DPs this afternoon for the next time i can get to the sewing machine.... might try a retro flowers.... eeek. Gorgeous girls! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. your girls are so adorable Judith. Love all the pretty blocks you made, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those DP blocks are gorgeous Judith! My dies arrived this week, soon as I clear a few things< let the play time begin! Also sending you wonderful Birthday Wishes for today too! xx (good old facebook!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a Happy Birthday for today too xxxx Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday dear Judith! The photo of your girls is absolutely lovely and the blocks are all fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely work, lovely girls and happy birthday Judith

    ReplyDelete
  7. There would be worse things to get distracted by! Love your ogee design from the DPs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those scrappy baubles - they remind me of Aladdin's lamp for some reason though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo