Saturday 20 October 2012

Finally! 2 Finishes!

Actually, I've finished more than 2 things this week, but I can't show you some of them until next week (I can't wait!).

What I can show you today is my 2nd vintage sheets quilt, pieced, quilted, bound and labelled for my v.sweet niece in England.



I'm ashamed to say I started this quilt in the summer, to give hope and comfort to my niece as she goes through a difficult time in her young life. 
 
 

The text on the label is from a quote by Anne Frank.  Here is the full quote:

“Everyone has inside them a piece of good news. The good news is you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is.”

I'm so pleased with how this quilt has turned out, and I'm confident that this vintage/retro loving girl will love it as much as 'The Belfast Hollies' do!

I've also managed to get another handbag pattern completed!  Say hello to Martha May!!


I name all my handbags after particular members of my family, and this one is named after my Nanny Martha.  You may remember seeing another version of this bag as part of my 1 year blogiversary giveaway last December, which Nicky won!


I had to make a few adjustments to the pattern to simplify one or two steps and although I've graded the pattern as 'Intermediate', if you consider yourself a beginner but have tackled a zip before, then you will more than cope with this pattern.

A huge 'thank you' goes to my friend Sarah, who was the perfect choice to test this pattern for me.  Her attention to detail skills are impeccable!  I'm sure she will soon show you her very own Martha May!

The Pattern for Martha May is now available to purchase from my Etsy shop.

Have a wonderful weekend!



23 comments:

  1. Martha May is fabulous as is your niece's quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your niece's quilt just looks so cozy and comforting - there really is something about the vintage fabrics that do that, don't you think? Also love the quotation.

    So excited that Martha May is on sale - this pattern deserves to be a best seller 'cos the results are fabulous (even if I do say so myself). Can't wait to show mine off very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bags are fab, but I'm blown away with the quilt! I LOVE it!! Where do you get such fabulous sheets?! I never find any...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favourite of your bags, how wonderful that you have made the pattern. I will put it on my list, I have another to do first. I love the quilt for your niece, such a wonderful present.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that bag. When I get super confident and think I can do that sort of thing that would be the pattern I would want to try. Lovely quilt (and quote) too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh they both looks superb; the quilt will be perfect especially on grey days like today xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quilt and the quote is perfect. Especially like how you've quilted it. I really am wanting to make a vintage sheet quilt myself. Great bag pattern too! Hope you get lots of sales.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous quilt, and a perfect label too. Love the new bag

    ReplyDelete
  9. such lovely bags, I love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Martha May and the fabrics you use are beautiful. You and Sarah are a brilliuant double act, we are so lucky to have you both close by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Martha May mark 2 is gorgeous, as is the quilt for your niece! I love the stamped label...

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2 gorgeous finishes Judith, fabulous, bio of em!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the bag Judith, but the quilt is spectacular! Your niece will love it for always. What a great Aunt x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love love the quilt, it so colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want one (stamping feet)!!! Recognise the back and love the quote.. Hoping ur niece is doing well and keeping strong x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful quilt for your niece. The label 's message will mean a lot to her. Yay for Martha May! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your vintage sheets quilt! I would love to make one but never seem to be able to collect enough nice sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both quilt and bag are really beautiful - particularly love the colours in the quilt and the bag is a gorgeous shape.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love love love that label and the quote on it and it is perfect for such a sweet quilt. The bag is lovely too - finishes can be like the No.33 bus - you wait for one and then two come along at the same time but these are definitely worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous finish. I am totally sure your quilt will be loved.
    Martha is just beautiful! Loving your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous quilt, and love the bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful quilt! I'm about to quilt another baby quilt and I'm going to do diagonal lines after seeing this! The bag is fabulous too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it & I will always reply. (If you don't get a reply from me it is because you are a 'no reply comment' blogger. You might want to change your blog settings to make sure folks can reply to your comments more easily.) Jxo